View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013   #328
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Would it be safe to infer Tj was asked to do "more" last week than Keenum was?

In all honesty, if I were a HC, completions & first downs & TDs are all nice, but in the preseason I want to know can he or can't he run my offense. In the regular season I hope to not have him out there with my 2,3,4 receivers, 3 LG, 5 RT, 4 TE....

In the film room it's going to be, "This is what I saw, this would have been the right thing to do. But you decided to do that.... explain."

He can say, "But coach, I threw a TD" or "We kept the chains moving" & I'd cut him.....
Yep. I think you're pretty dead on about that.

When some of us fans hear about how well Case did going off-schedule, it's like... Yeah! That's what we need! A guy who performs when the play breaks down!

But that's probably NOT what Kubiak is saying at all. The play probably went off schedule because Case didn't do what Kubiak wanted him to do. That's not a good thing to be doing if you want to stay on the team, regardless of how successful you happened to be on those plays.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote