View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013   #181
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post-Preseason Wk 1; Tj or Case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Exhibit number two.

Case Keenum vs Alabama - 2007

Four weeks later, the Cougars faced Saban's Tides in Tuscaloosa.
It doesn't get any bigger than that.
His team would have players suspended before SEC play for violations of NCAA rules, but against the Cougars, they were stacked.

That D eventually have too many players that were drafted or played in the NFL after going undrafted. The drafted players are as followed:
Brandon Deaderick, Josh Chapman, Rolando McClain, Rashad Johnson, Marquis Johnson, Kareem Jackson, Javier Arenas, and Ramzee Robinson.

Keenum came in with 6:35 left in the third quarter, facing a 7-23 deficit.
He almost pulled out the game, but the Cougars lost by 6 (24-30),
He had led the offense to the 3 yard line of the Tides.
With no time left on the clock, Keenum threw an INT in the end zone.
I was not at the game, so I can't tell how it happened.
It was still a heck of an effort by Keenum though.

He actually gained 10 points for the Coogs when he was in there.
Who knows what could happen had he played more.
With these 8 players on defense for the Tides plus several more who made NFL squads as UDFA, it's as close to an NFL defense as you can get.

If it doesn't give one a glimpse of what a QB prospect may fare in the NFL, I don't know what will.

And he was playing with scrubs.
He carried that whole team, and beat the Tides by 10 points.

He put 24 points on the board in one and a third quarter.
That was impressive to me, I don't see how anybody can dispute that.

And no, I'm not comparing him with Yates against the Ravens defense.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote