View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013   #325
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

b0ng,

I was not one of those who thought Keenum wouldn't clear waiver last year.
The way Kubiak hid him by not giving him many opportunities as well as putting Beck ahead of him was telling.
Also, Keenum had to learn the playbook as well as working on his footwork from under center.

The other three QBs had several legs up on him since all of them were already very familiar with the WCO.

This year is a different story, and it is still early to call anything.
But if Keenum continues to show like he did against the Vikings, the odds are good, IMO, that another team will be interested in him.

Another example of an UDFA being picked up by another is John Parker Wilson.
When the Falcons cut him during pre-season2012, the Jags signed him.

Earlier this year, when the Jags cut him, the Steelers took him the next day.

So yeah, there have been UDFA QBs claimed by other teams.

I've noted two so far (and I wasn't even looking, just kinda stumbled on it.)
I'm sure if I start to look, I will find many more.
I'm quite confident of that, so would like to propose a bet? LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote