View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013   #715
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
link

I know the Texans are playing this down. But do you really think that if all was going well and as planned, Reed would be traveling anywhere for rehab..... for any reason? Understand this. Reed has yet to be able to run and practice, and has looked somewhat gimpy, even on the sidelines. The importance of hips to a safety........for running, cutting and especially torquing/swivelling those hips that you always hear about in evaluating safeties........are like the importance of eyes to a tight rope walker. In each case, lacking that facility puts them "dead in the water."
FWIW, he's been running on the side field. A lot. I haven't seen him look gimpy. He's been doing drills that involve changing of direction.

I'm not sure he likes people watching his workouts though. He busted me doing it once and jokingly asked me if I'd like to join him.

I think of the Ed Reed thing as sort of like accommodating Roger Clemens...he's accomplished so much in his career that you are going to let him do stuff that some other guys don't do.