View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013   #699
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That's interesting. I'd consider cutting Martin. At least jean has shown big play ability. Martin is a slot player that struggle to catch the ball in traffic. And I have not really seen him abuse coverage or anything offensively really. I suppose it's there somewhere, but I haven't seen it.

Cut time is really going to be interesting. Do the coaches have the stones to cut a recent draft pick in order to keepan udfa that has outplayed them? Also, do they gamble cutting a guy that is better now with hopes that the guy they're keeping has the higher potential?
Martin has had a very good camp.

Like much better than anyone not named Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins.

You didn't see it in the last preseason game, but he's had a very good camp. Need to make that translate into game situations.

Also, something that makes it hard to evaluate WRs, is that for many teams, the drop off between their 1 & 2 CBs and their other CBs is fairly steep. So some of the highlight reel stuff you were hearing from camp wasn't against the best CBs.

Hopkins has had to work really hard in camp. He gets some great catches, but has to work because it is either JJo or KJ for many reps.