View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013   #579
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Hopkins is 73" in height, that is taller than almost all DBs = advantage in height. Hopkins has 33" arms and that is almost 2" inches longer than most DBs = advantage in reach. Hopkins has 10" hands = advantage to catch the ball. Hopkins has a 36" vertical leap, plus his height, plus his reach = a distinct advantage when he is in position to use his superiors and that is when he has the opportunity to separate from the DB.

However if Nuk's route assignments are dinks, dunks, quick slant or out (Kubiak's short passing game) that allows the DB to give DeAndre Hopkins a Prostrate Exam while at the same time defending against the pass, Nuk is not going to be nearly as effective and closer to average and mundane. I think you will find that Nuk will be much more successful on 10-12yd PLUS routes. I hope I did a better job this time at explaining my thoughts.
I'm still not sure what you've been trying to say, not for a lack of trying.
My opinion is that Hopkins will see plenty of under a
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote