View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013   #140
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 7091 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post-Preseason Wk 1; Tj or Case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
You said that because he shattered a whole bunch of NCAA records, you can't call him a fluke because of his offense and size. A lot of guys have shattered NCAA records and then totally crapped out in the NFL. A lot of those guys racked up those records because of the system they were in. Case was in that kind of a system.

A lot of teams didn't want to waste a draft pick on him because of the history of QBs similar to him.

That doesn't mean that Case can't prove all those guys wrong. I really hope he does. I want Case to come in and be a combo of Kurt Warner and Joe Montana. I want case to be a Tom Brady who keeps winning Super Bowls instead of only winning a few early on in his career.

But his college career does not make him a legitimate prospect to be an NFL quarterback. He was not ready for the NFL last year, judging by his pre-season performance. After 1 pre-season game, he looks like he could be an NFL QB. He looked poised and in control. But at this point, he still has to prove himself.
you can't just call keenum a fluke just because he shattered records on a C-USA team and his size and didn't get drafted. nobody can at this point because he hasn't played an nfl game. a fluke would be a jamarcus russel, tim couch, or troy smith. Keenum hasn't gotten to that point where he's had any chance to prove anything
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote