View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013   #136
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post-Preseason Wk 1; Tj or Case?

I could easily make an argument that if Kubiak incorporated some of
the air-raid, hurry-up, stuff Keenum ran in college that the Texans
would be devastating in a 2-minute drill.

(or catching up if they get behind due to turnovers, etc.)

After all, Keenum was the greatest-ever QB statistically when running
that type of offense.

If Shanahan can do it for RGIII, and Harbaugh can do it for Kaepernic,
and even two years ago with Tebow in Denver. (Not that I am a Tebow
fan).

If you game plan for your players' strengths I can't see how you don't
get better.

TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
TPN, look at teams like the Panthers and the Skins.

They adapted their offense to Newton and RG III.

Remember the knock about Newton; how he never play under center in college (but I counted at least 17 plays that he was under center.)

Case played under center more than that in his Freshman year, but the Cougars eventually went away from that; they still use Keenum under center occasionally in his last two years, similar to how Newton was used or RG III was used.

If Kubiak had decided to mimic Shannahan, Keenum would be the guy who is most comfortable in that system, more so than Schaub or Yates.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote