View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013   #131
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post-Preseason Wk 1; Tj or Case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Actually, you kinda do.

Most of the QBs who have shattered records in college as thoroughly as Case shattered records don't translate to the NFL. Just look at Ware and Klingler or B.J. Symons or Colt Brennan or Harrell or Chang or even Tebow and Vince Young.

There's a reason why QBs like that aren't drafted as high anymore as QBs that work within a "normal" offense in college.
I disagree; many teams NFL teams now run the spread, or the zone read (which is a variation of the spread.) For at least a couple of years, Keenum's offense included a TE or two.

Weeden played in a version of the spread.
Gabbert played in a pure spread (OK, he sucked, but he got drafted high.)

I'm sure if I look for a little while, I can find QBs that ran the spread in college that have been drafted in the first three rounds recently.

E J Manuel is one (not a pure spread); Geno Smith is another (pure spread).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote