View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013   #130
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post-Preseason Wk 1; Tj or Case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
actually you can't call Case a fluke until he plays actual games in the NFL.
You said that because he shattered a whole bunch of NCAA records, you can't call him a fluke because of his offense and size. A lot of guys have shattered NCAA records and then totally crapped out in the NFL. A lot of those guys racked up those records because of the system they were in. Case was in that kind of a system.

A lot of teams didn't want to waste a draft pick on him because of the history of QBs similar to him.

That doesn't mean that Case can't prove all those guys wrong. I really hope he does. I want Case to come in and be a combo of Kurt Warner and Joe Montana. I want case to be a Tom Brady who keeps winning Super Bowls instead of only winning a few early on in his career.

But his college career does not make him a legitimate prospect to be an NFL quarterback. He was not ready for the NFL last year, judging by his pre-season performance. After 1 pre-season game, he looks like he could be an NFL QB. He looked poised and in control. But at this point, he still has to prove himself.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote