View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013   #118
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post-Preseason Wk 1; Tj or Case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Tj Yates came from UNC.... not really known for their QBs. They were in a down period during his tenure as starter, no bowl games, he does hold many of the schools passing records.
False. Beast Tennessee in 2010. 30-27 in overtime.

Yates showed the smarts in that game to spike the ball with 1 second left on the clock in regulation, take the penalty, and let his team kick a field goal to get into overtime with an eventual win.

Obviously I favor TJ over Case because of my school affiliation, but I want whoever gives the Texans the best chance to win out. I feel like too many people are making these statements when there are still 3 preseason games left.

Also, TJ almost beat LSU at the beginning of 2010, except his TE dropped two passes in the end zone.

Also, keep an eye on Bryn Renner this year. He looks good and could be a solid prospect.

edit: Not that this disputes your point. Just my best memory of TJ in college. It was complete pandemonium at the watching party I was at.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote