View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013   #113
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Post-Preseason Wk 1; Tj or Case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
You're comparing Yates and Schaub playing playoff caliber NFL teams to Keenum playing in college. There is a huge difference there.
Huge difference for sure.

One of the things I talked about the offense needing, was better pedigree. Some people expect to win everything, but then there are guys who achieved everything they thought they were capable of by being an NFL starter, or being voted to the Pro Bowl, or All-Pro.

It's my conjecture that most of the guys who have a burning desire to win, or at least expect to win, usually come out of the first two rounds. Those guys have normally come from huge programs that did really well. Not always.

We've got Matt Schaub from Virginia. A decent program. He won a bowl game & set many of Virginia's passing records. That's good.

Tj Yates came from UNC.... not really known for their QBs. They were in a down period during his tenure as starter, no bowl games, he does hold many of the schools passing records.

Case Keenum.... much smaller program, much smaller school. But he performed at the highest level possible. They put him on a stage & he answered the call every time. (mostly). He never won the Conf USA Championship, like Kolb, but it wasn't for his poor play. I think if Keenum is ever going to be our QB, he'll bring another level of "expecting to win" to the team.