View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013   #575
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I think it depends on the make-up of the team in a given year.

First off, when the Broncos won their two SBs with Elway,
they had a balanced attack, but not a lot of depth at receiver in one year, so Ed McCaffey had 45 catches on year and 64 the next.

But he also had 4 great years for them as a 6'5 target, with 64, 69, 71, and 101 catches.
The year he had 100 catches, R White had 101.

So, it looks like he goes with the flow, depending on the players he has on the roster.
Just to pile on with this, McCaffery had multiple 1000 yard seasons. And here's the kicker, Rod Smith had 1000 yards many of those same seasons.

A true #2 can flourish in this offense... along with a great TE.

With Kubiak as the OC, that Denver offense was top 10 in both points and yards 8 out of 11 years and only out of the top 10 in points ONE season.

I think Kubiak has been patching this offense together from scraps giving all the talent picks in the draft to the Defense trying to prop up a string of bad coordinators. Now he's finally been able to draft a weapon for his offense.

I'm expecting big things.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote