View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013   #9
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56461 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade Smith had knee scoped last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
We were already specifically told that Wade had a "knee bone bruise," which in of itself is bad enough. Now he has undergone a scope, for whatever reason, which signifies that there was definitely additional damage present. The fact that bone bruises are commonly associated with damage to other adjacent knee structures is why I posted what I did on his injury originally.........none of these associated injuries plays well to a more favorable prognosis or quicker recovery.

Today, Dougherty reports that the Texans described Smith as having a "deep bone bruise."

The deeper the bone bruise signifies greater damage to the involved bone and greater likelihood of significant associated injuries.

[Original post over 1 week ago]
CnD,

I read the events and reports that they likely went into the knee to clean up torn cartilage and discovery to see what they fear: significant cartilage loss leading to something close to bone on bone, requiring the dreaded microfacture surgery... or constant pain and further deterioration... or retirement.

Correct me where I may be misguided.