View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013   #89
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Post-Preseason Wk 1; Tj or Case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Wouldn't you expect a 3rd player to do fewer bone head things and more good things than an UDFA from a spread offense that is the opposite of the system the Texans run? That's more of an indictment of Yates than a boost for Keenum.
I know it's hard to believe, but I am not biased towards Tj... but he looked fine. The only thing he did that I didn't care for, was that sack. That was bone headed & there should be zero tolerance for crap like that.

But QBs come out too amped up all the time... that's usually why they throw the ball high (at least that's what I've heard). Or they come out out of sync, or cold, or whatever you want to call it. They have to work through that all the time (& I'll say the same for Keenum if he has that issue next week). It's a good thing, & something you want to know, to see Tj worked through it & turned in a pretty respectable game. He got in a rhythm & made some good throws.

The offense looked pretty much like Schaub was running it. & I know that's a bad thing for most of us here, but we average in he high 20s when Schaub is under center & low teens when Tj from 2011 is under center.

If either Tj or Case can run the offense like Schaub, it's a good thing & their play making ability is a plus.

Watch for Case to pull the ball down early & "make something happen" as fans, that's some good football. As the guy who drew up the plays, not so much. We're not going to be able to decide who will be our back up going into the season. The guy who drew up the plays will.