View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013   #46
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Dirty Little Truth About the Texans Roof Policy

I'm cool with Reliant Stadium. I just wish they would open the roof more often. If 80* is too warm, make the upper limit 70*. Just set a policy and follow it. Open it when policy dictates and close it when policy dictates. Outdoor football games are awesome and Houston has some pretty good football weather during the season.

I'm wishy-washy on taxpayer funds for it (or any sports arena anywhere). I would prefer for owners to assume the risks and reap the rewards. Give them all the proceeds, etc. and tax accordingly. That's in a perfect world. As far as the Astrodome goes, I wonder what good can come from the space it occupies vs. the waste of space it has become. No point in arguing might have been or what ifs. It is what it is. What can be done to make the situation better?

How cool would it be to make the Astrodome a hotel or an area where the city could stage Super Bowl activities? How much would the extra parking from razing it bring in? The only sure thing is that things can't stay the same regarding the Dome. It doesn't really matter what is owed. That was spent when the deal was done. IIRC, there was a voter referendum on it, wasn;t there?