View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013   #259
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yes....

Just saying I think it's odd, that is a criticism of Schaub, but YAC is supposed to be an indicator of leading a receiver.

Andre was 3rd in the league, just imagine how out of reach he'd be if his QB led him more often. It would be sick. Imagine how many TDs he'd have.

OD was third among TEs

But like you're thinking in the back of your head, that's the difference between a QB helping a receiver & a receiver helping a QB.
It's one of the factors, that's for sure.
I had disagreed with those who said that Schaub can't throw a guy open.
He just doesn't do it on a consistent basis.
We've seen AJ breaking tackles or dragging defenders into the end zone and we have seen the receivers break up what would have been INT.
Unlike David Anderson, AJ almost always get some extra yards by pure strength.

I'd love to see Schaub improve in that department a little more.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote