View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013   #42
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 238286 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Dirty Little Truth About the Texans Roof Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
As usual, the taxpayer gets soaked at the enrichment of the owners. I'm all for people getting rich, but not at the expense of the taxpayer.

If an idea is good, invest your own damn money in it unless you plan on making me an investor and giving me a piece back. If the retractable roof wasn't good enough for McNair to invest his own funds into, why was it good enough for the taxpayer to pick up the tab?

It should have been made into a dome, the rodeo would have been happy and that's that. OR it should have been made open air, and the rodeo can go find their own stadium.

Why is that too much to ask?
Personally, I like the retractable roof. We did the dome thing. That's soooo last century.

And as far as the cost, isn't some of that being deferred due to the name of the place. HL&P must be paying something like 15-25 mil per year for that place to be called Reliant. I can't find anywhere to confirm a figure for Reliant but this Wiki says $20 mil/year is typical for major mkt sports stadiums.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote