View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013   #38
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Dirty Little Truth About the Texans Roof Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm pretty sure the retractable roof was an NFL requirement at the time of purchasing the team.

I will look for it.

p.s. agree completely with you about taxpayer funds paying for billionaire playgrounds, but that's another subject for another day...
I believe that just before Reliant was to be built, the NFL made it known that they thought that inclement weather made things very unpredictable for patronage of a Super Bowl and therefore would not be seeking to hand out venues to those with open air stadiums (this policy has only now just been recently broken with the upcoming NY SB). I believe that the Texans knew that in order to be considered candidates for any SB, the stadium to be built would have to be covered............not necessarily with a retractable roof, though.......to have a moving roof was just a way for the Texans to make another unique "first"/splash like the Astrodome was in its day.........and relatively even more expensive. But who cared..........we were so excited just to get a team again, we tax payers would not mind getting screwed........a "little."
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote