View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013   #36
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Dirty Little Truth About the Texans Roof Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
As usual, the taxpayer gets soaked at the enrichment of the owners. I'm all for people getting rich, but not at the expense of the taxpayer.

If an idea is good, invest your own damn money in it unless you plan on making me an investor and giving me a piece back. If the retractable roof wasn't good enough for McNair to invest his own funds into, why was it good enough for the taxpayer to pick up the tab?

It should have been made into a dome, the rodeo would have been happy and that's that. OR it should have been made open air, and the rodeo can go find their own stadium.

Why is that too much to ask?
I'm pretty sure the retractable roof was an NFL requirement at the time of purchasing the team.

I will look for it.

p.s. agree completely with you about taxpayer funds paying for billionaire playgrounds, but that's another subject for another day...