View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013   #252
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
A difference I was trying to point out between the play of Yates and the play of Keenum. MSR
Got him for ya.

Edit (What Kubiak sees in Case)
Quote:
(on what he looks for when watching QB Case Keenum) “Well I think as a coach, you are always looking for instincts. You sit there and coach the game and you coach plays and ‘throw it here’ and ‘throw it on time’, but once the lights go on, probably half the game is played off schedule and played off rhythm. It’s just the way it is. He’s kind of got that knack when things aren’t the way they are supposed to be, he finds a way to make plays. Kind of like the play he made in the red zone moving around the other night. We caught a blitz last night that nobody knows that we couldn’t block, but he gets the ball out in the flat and doesn’t take a sack. He can do those types of things and he can really bail you out of some bad situations with his athletic ability.”
I don't have a photographic memory or anything close to it, but I don't recall hearing Kubiak say that about Yates.

...or Schaub come to think about it... but that could just be my bad memory.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote