View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013   #564
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
So it did happen.
It is possible for a first round draft pick not to have too many catches in Kubiak's system.
It's not just a possibility; it's a fact.
The difference with LeLee(sp) & Hopkins is that LeLee was a one trick pony. Go routes & that's about it, & his hands were questionable.

Hopkins isn't a burner, so where Ashley only got thrown to on quick slants & go routes, Hop is going to get more targets on all kinds of other routes.

That said, the thing that makes me think he won't come close to KDub's receptions, is that Schaub is pretty conservative. Instead of risking a bad throw at a guy he don't trust, he'll toss it in the stands, or move to his next read.

If there was someone within 5 yards of Jacoby, Matt wasn't throwing him the ball. I don't know what his comfort zone is going to be with DeAndre, but I doubt it's going to be as tight as what he had with Walter... Walter could have a guy drapped on him & Matt would still throw the ball at him.

So we'll see.