Thread: QB Projections
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013   #13
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
That seems really really high for Wilson, how many people per league?

My thing with QB's is, how much higher is their point output going be than the guys below them. With RB's this year in particular, the production falls off of a cliff once you get to like the second or third round due to all the RBBC going on in the NFL. So that means if you're taking a QB in rounds 1-3 you're going to miss out on getting two, or possibly even one true stud running back and that's going to hurt your overall production.

If you look at fantasy production overall at PFW you can see that QB's litter the top 20, and the difference between each is fairly marginal. With RB's the drop off is very sharp and after the top 10 or so guys (And remember, most leagues you have to start 2 RB's) you're scrambling with hopes and prayers.

I think if you guys are thinking about going early on QB's, you should look around at some fantasy statistics sites and see how they shook out last year:

[code]
Rank Fantasy Pts
1 Drew Brees 331.07
2 Aaron Rodgers 326.97
3 Tom Brady 316.10
4 Cam Newton 312.67
5 Robert Griffin 303.17
6 Peyton Manning 292.90
7 Matt Ryan 289.40
8 Andrew Luck 270.30
9 Tony Romo 268.23
10 Russell Wilson 267.83.
I have been drafting in 10 and 12 player leagues (ESPN and CBS draft rooms) and I have found if I pass on him in the 6th rd he will not be there in the 7th.

I am real high on Wilson this Yr, so I think passing on a top Qb and still getting him in the 6th will be a steal. Even though "analyst" show him to be a later pick

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote