View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Badboy's 2014 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I like Crick but don't have as much faith in him as you do until he proves some serious pass rush skill this season. I think he's good against the run but I don't see the QB pressure from him that I see from Antonio. If your right and he fills Antonio's shoes well then I'll think that we got very lucky, and I'll be very happy. I see Crick as very good depth/backup much like Jamison was. I just think that Wade will go for pass rush next year trying to put someone on the D-line that can put pressure on the QB opposite Watt. I think Watt will be more than $13.1m, I'm thinking he could be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL. I'm thinking in the Mario Williams range of $16-$17m. I think your about right on Cushing.

As for CB, I think you could be right on KJ, $5m +-, as well. I like Bouye as well but it's only been one preseason game, he's got a long ways to go before he's a proven #2 or #3 CB. I'll try to keep an out for Howard as well, not familiar with him. I also have hopes that Johnny Adams can contribute next season and eventually develop into a #3 or possibly a #2 CB, but he's got a long ways to go as well, and Roc Carmichael was very disappointing against the Vikings. I have high hopes for Brandon Harris as well, but until he proves it on the field he's still a ? We've got JJo for 2 more yrs. after this one but he's very expensive and KJ will be getting a pay raise, and everyone after them is questionable. Also I think you have to take a quality CB a yr. or 2 ahead of when you need them. A good CB is just slow to transition from college to the NFL. I can possibly foresee the Texans saving some money with OD after this season though. I agree on Schaub being gone after 2014 but how do you figure we only save $3.5m when he leaves, he makes on avg. $13.2m?

I think DE/DT and CB are the 2 most expensive positions on defense, pressuring the QB and pass coverage. I think we'll spend our 1st round pick there, and possibly our 2nd as well. How would you like:

1. Anthony Johnson-DT/DE from LSU
2. Aaron Colvin-CB or Marcus Roberson-CB or Justin Gilbert-CB
3. C.J. Fiedorowicz-TE from Iowa, OK that might take some luck but the draft is a long ways off and I can dream.

I think 3 out of the 4 O-line picks the last 2 yrs. will really contribute and solidify the O-line freeing us up to spend draft picks elsewhere, Brennan Williams being the only question mark.
The good thing is we have a full season to watch backups perform. We should now be at a phase where we can draft BPA or in my case a "franchise type player" at not need position (QB). Historically, Smith has not done that but we have never been in this situation before. If Crick does not exhibit enough to replace Smith of course my board changes as it is a very fluid thing. I do see Watt as being one to give a discount to remain in Houston but I could be wrong.

I will probably go corner in 6th if someone stands out. Should be good crop this year.

Schaub if you allow player to go you have to push up his prorated bonus. IIRC he has $3.5m in '15 &'16 + $1m each year "other". Base 2015 $12.5m - $9m must be adjusted to 2015= $3.5m savings.

In Past I have suggested OD and Joseph may be moved but don't see that now at least for the latter. Myers is a better possibility if Jones can get some work in at center rather than OG.

Fiedo you may recall is a fave of mine from mocks 3 Amigos have offered up. Big strong TE who could play OT with reasonable hands who might improve them this year.