View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013   #37
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL pulls plug on customize face masks

Evidently, the League has found that most of these custom masks are designed to make a player "stand out" or appear more "ominous." The ban of such masks seem to follow the trend of banning excessive celebration. It appears the NFL prefers the players to remain faceless numbers on jerseys. The medical exceptions such as with Canty and Justin will still be recognized.

Quote:
Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider

Chris Canty on facemask: 'I invented it. We developed something that can keep hands out of my face, so it wouldn't detach my retina again.'
4:52 PM - 10 Aug 2013

Quote:
Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider

Chris Canty @ChrisCanty99 'I can't help it that other guys think it's cool and they want to wear it, too. It's a necessity for me.'
4:52 PM - 10 Aug 2013
Justin's reason was that opponents were grabbing his facemask and twisting it knowing that he had a neck issue.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote