View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013   #616
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I guess the Giants 3rd, 4th, & 5th receivers never dropped a ball?

When Posey comes back, the guys we're talking about are most likely 4th, 5th, & 6th if we keep 6 WRs.

I didn't watch the Giants .... but had I done so and saw their receivers drop
about 6 balls in total , I'd be b!tching about it.

Maehl dropped two - he's gone now. Didn't see him making the team.

Martin dropped two - He's had a history of doing so. At some point it becomes alarming especially if he is pressed into meaningful action.

LeStar Jean had one hit him in the helmet and another that he let get in on his body instead of getting his hands extended. Its his third year here ... at some point we have to move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I thought the receivers were fine for the first pre season game. Really I didn't have many negatives from the game.

I think my opinions will get stronger the more I see.
They won the game easily .... that makes us overlook the little mistakes that have to be corrected before they can expect to beat good teams late in the season & in the playoffs.

Not a whole lot to complain about .... dropped balls , despite those the QB's looked really good and were efficient. Imagine their #'s without those 6 drops.

Special teams were another negative , the first kickoff made me want to break the TV - Jefferson failed to maintain his lane , you could see it coming and come it did ....from 8 yards deep out to the 50. At least Bullock showed he could kick them deep ... cept the last one that he knuckleballed.

The punt where Pleasant hit the returner before he caught the ball .... I give him an A for effort and an F for execution.
Shapiro looked like a hell of an upgrade ..... Lechler better not miss much more time or we may have a battle there. I hope they find a way to hide him from the rest of the league ..... like a phantom injury and trip to IR.

Im really looking forward to the next game & the majority of the starters playing , we'll get a better sense of what this team will look like then.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote