View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013   #33
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 50924 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You say that like you're busting your ass out there on the field.

You are WATCHING the games like the rest of us, skippy. Perhaps you should live less vicariously through an entertainment medium, where someone else winning games validates your vapid existence, and go outside and soak up some sunshines.

I get it, you're one of those "we guys". WE WON WE WON! Settle down, they won and you watched [Seinfeld blast].

Keep it in perspective. You are nothing but a CONSUMER- nothing more - no matter how many Texans-themed products you wrap yourself in.

I lost all that rah-rah goofiness and lack of real world perspective with 35-3. Since then, it is only entertainment because...IT IS ONLY ENTERTAINMENT.

Even Houston Texans, Inc. said that football is only a diversion.
Oh please. What I wrote is nothing like I think I'm out on the field. You are way over stretching a point (exactly the kind of thing I usually do!) in order to work in the Seinfeld reference (which is awesome, nice job).

I know I am just a consumer - still wearing the same jerseys I got off the discount rack at the end of the 2005 season. But my existence is vapid whether I think I get validation because someone else won a game or not.

I suppose it is entertainment either way. I find it more entertaining when I am rooting for one of the teams to win (or in some cases lose). If I have no interest in the outcome of the game then I will probably not watch it hoping that some incredibly artistic plays break out.

I understand the "too cool to care" Seinfeldian detachment. It is fun to make fun of anyone who cheers something as silly as a play in a football game. It doesn't bother you when the home team loses, but then again you don't have as much fun when they win. But that's OK, because "you're cool". You can say things like "I really enjoyed watching Quin bat the ball right to the Jaguars receiver for the game winning TD. It wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining if he batted it out of bounds or just intercepted it."

We choose to take our enjoyment different ways. Again (for at least the third time) for your way Brett Favre, Brett Sanders, Stagger Lee, and a team blowing a 32 point lead are greatest of all time. For me not so much.