View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013   #25
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Dirty Little Truth About the Texans Roof Policy

Sitting in the direct sunlight, inside that stadium does suck. I did it for 4 years, including the Pittsburgh game, before I moved to the shady south end zone. But for late games (3:00 or later) it is not bad in there with the roof open. Even for night games in August, which they've had 4 open roof pre-season games before, including the 1st 2 they ever played in that building.

As for the noise, I've heard it as loud with the roof open as I've heard it with it closed. With the overhang Reliant has, the roof makes no difference.

That said, I don't care what they do with the roof. I don't go to a game to look at the roof or sky, I go to watch a game on the field below. But if you are going to build a stadium that has a retractable roof, it's kinda silly that you never open the damn thing. Why didn't they just make it a dome?

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote