View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013   #552
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You really don't need to because - seriously - we have gone over this.

Teams are not alike in their make-up and their offensive philosophy.

Bad teams, for example, find themselves behind the eight-ball very often, and are forced to open up their passing game.

Some teams run a spread with more emphasis on their receivers than TEs, FB (some don't even have a FB) and RBs.

There are several reasons why things happened, and they vary for different teams.

But the Texans are not one of those teams.

It is possible that the defense might allow Kubiak to target Hopkins more, but it's not a given.

Look at Ashley Lelie, who was drafted at #19 overall by the Broncos in 2002.
He had 35 catches as a rookie and 37 in his second year, and the dude was 6'3.
The Texans passing game did not work against good football teams, so they need something more than some replacement level 40 catches from the "other" guy. lestar jean can drop 40 passes with enough snaps. This is not a Texans offense works this way thing, this is a Texans offense did not work when it mattered thing. I don't need screen shots and watching games 8 times to tell me the obvious. The obvious is that 40 catches from your number 2 WR does not work in the current NFL (Ashlie L...really).