View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013   #544
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Deandre made a heck of a catch in that game, and he showed a lot promises in general; however, I still think that we need to temper the enthusiasm.

The Vikings didn't play their top five CBs.

The sixth one is #27 Brandon Burton; I haven't zeroed in to see if Hopkins had any catch on this guy or not.
This is preseason. Personally I think even if it were their top CB, we don't know if he's playing at 100% or if he "understands" it's a preseason game.

All offseason, we heard that DeAndre is the kind of receiver you could throw the ball up for & he'll go get it. We saw him do that. Good for us. Whether he can do it with any regularity won't be "known" until Dec 30th.

I think that's why some folks are so discouraged with LeStar Jean. They put too much stock in that first preseason performance, even though they know it was all meaningless & does not translate as well into the regular season as we'd hope.

Football is a team game & the way the defense plays you in the regular season, is totally different from the way they play you in the preseason. Schemes are different, teammates are different, situations are different..