View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013   #543
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Deandre made a heck of a catch in that game, and he showed a lot promises in general; however, I still think that we need to temper the enthusiasm.

The Vikings didn't play their top five CBs.

The sixth one is #27 Brandon Burton; I haven't zeroed in to see if Hopkins had any catch on this guy or not.

Actually, the sixth one is Marcus Sherels #35.

The Vikings had made some off-season moves; basically with the addition of Jacob Lacey (a 5th-yr spot starter for the Colts until he got injured) and Xavier Rhodes in the draft, so Sherels was bumped to the 7th spot.

Bobby Felton, the guy that Hopkins abused, was a PS player, and considered to be the 8th CB on their depth chart.

Unless there's an injury or two, Felton will most likely see the PS again.

I do like Hopkins a lot, and had upgraded the possibility of him to become a number one down the road if he keeps working hard on his craft.
(From 5% around draft time to 10-12% at the moment.)

I did assess that eventually, Hopkins should be an upgrade over Walter; however, I'm still not sure that I want to expect 40 plus catches in his rookie year (if all the main weapons for the Texans remain relatively healthy.)
There's a decent possibility, not a strong probability.

Lead not the cart in front of the horse, but enjoy what should unfold in his future.
Knock on wood, Hopkins doesn't incur an injury himself.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote