View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013   #585
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Update from Drew Dougherty on things including QB Miami game order.

Quote:
The Texans practiced outside at the Houston Methodist Training Center on Sunday afternoon. The team was in shorts and hats, and held a walk-through a day-and-a-half after beating the Vikings in the preseason opener. Linebacker Brian Cushing, however, missed because of an illness.

“He came in sick on us this morning,” head coach Gary Kubiak said. “We’ve had a few guys sick and today’s his turn I guess.”

Kubiak also said left guard Wade Smith, who’s missed some practice and didn’t play Friday at Minnesota, should return soon from a slight knee injury he suffered last week.

“Wade’s fine,” Kubiak said. “We actually slowed down his process a little bit, get the inflammation out of his knee. We’ll see where we’re at probably mid-week and make a decision on Miami for him.”

Quote:
The head coach said he won’t decide until “the end of the week”, and that he wants each signal-caller getting repetitions with same groups.

For Keenum, he reiterated that his approach will be “the same as it’s always been,” and that he plans on making the most of whatever opportunity comes his way.

“I know I’m going to get a chance,” Keenum said. “That’s all I can ask for no matter what time of the game it is, what rep it is. You can’t really tell what plays it’s going to be either. Just got to go out and do my absolute best no matter what time it is and that’s the opportunity I get.”

The Texans resume two-a-days on Monday morning with an 8 a.m. CT practice followed by afternoon work at 2:15 p.m. They face the Dolphins at Reliant Stadium this Saturday night.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote