View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013   #229
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Yeah, I do too but I think we'll carry three and that fine. I think by the end of preseason Yates and Keenum will be statistically indistinguishable and the debate will come down entirely to the intangibles. Yates supporters will cite his greater experience and better measurables. Keenum's supporters will point to his progress and I suspect his slightly better ability to create on the run when things don't go as planned. That will be refuted by Yates more on-schedule though less glitzy in the long run style of play.

Keenum reminds me of Chase Daniels from a few years ago when we played New Orleans. I remember thinking I wish our backup QB was playing like that. The other night Keenum was.

Next year we'll be looking at a real legitimate fight between the two unless one gets to play a bunch this year. That could change everything but it's as likely (if not more likely) to mean that our season doesn't end as planned as it is that we see one "break out".

Frankly I hope Schaub plays 16 games +playoffs and that he's the guy who breaks out this year.

And no, I still don't like him all that much. He's the QB though so what are you gonna do other than support him?
After you and so many other bashed Schaub so badly acting like it was impossible for him to ever take this team anywhere, I'm shocked that you would hope that he stays healthy. If you have no faith or confidence in him as far as the post season goes, then I just don't understand why you'd want to see him on the field long term this season. I really have no idea what Keenum can do in tough situations against starters. I definitely know what Yates can do, and I don't want to see a Jason Campbell type of starter for this team ever. Keenum has a wild card style of play that I like I lot though even for a small sized guy.

I totally agree with the Chase Daniels comparison as well. I thought the exact same thing while watching him the other night. I also liked Chase Daniels a lot coming out of college and from what I've seen as a back up with him. I knew that Chase would never really get a good shot though due to his height and size.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote