View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013   #228
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
i will agree that Yates started off slow, but after his 1st 2 series, he looked good. more accurate, more precise and quicker decisions. Lets see how they do the next 3 games. I still think Yates will be the guy.

Yeah, I do too but I think we'll carry three and that fine. I think by the end of preseason Yates and Keenum will be statistically indistinguishable and the debate will come down entirely to the intangibles. Yates supporters will cite his greater experience and better measurables. Keenum's supporters will point to his progress and I suspect his slightly better ability to create on the run when things don't go as planned. That will be refuted by Yates more on-schedule though less glitzy in the long run style of play.

Keenum reminds me of Chase Daniels from a few years ago when we played New Orleans. I remember thinking I wish our backup QB was playing like that. The other night Keenum was.

Next year we'll be looking at a real legitimate fight between the two unless one gets to play a bunch this year. That could change everything but it's as likely (if not more likely) to mean that our season doesn't end as planned as it is that we see one "break out".

Frankly I hope Schaub plays 16 games +playoffs and that he's the guy who breaks out this year.

And no, I still don't like him all that much. He's the QB though so what are you gonna do other than support him?