View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013   #227
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

I find it so amusing that people are still trying to tout Yates as anything other then some career backup.To think that so many in here have argued that he was starter material is freaking crazy and homerish. Especially people who have bashed Schaub relentlessly.

Keenum looked damn good the other night though. I never thought much of the guy when people talked him up, but really hadn't ever watched him a lot so I kept quiet about Keenum. But as far as him and Yates are concerned it's not even close. Yates is a never was, and Keenum has definitely got some potential that I want to see more of. I'm not sure how he could play in hostile situations with top players around the league in mid season, but he definitely showed me that he can put the ball in tight holes and has a quick release where he has the versatility to do a lot. He reminded me of Romo a lot and I've always loved Romo's skill set other then his poor ability to make decisions in the clutch consistently. I want to see more of Keenum at this point. He'll definitely take over the 2nd string position at some point. And when he does, I'd like to see him make a run at Schaub's job. Definitely need to see a lot more Keenum in stiffer challenges though. But as far as intangibles, Keenum looks pretty nice. I finally got a dose of what some of the Case Keenum folks are selling, and if this kind of play continues, I'll be on that bandwagon pretty soon here.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote