Thread: The OLBs
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013   #10
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27347 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The OLBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i really liked what i saw from braman. he did a good job of using leverage and didnt allow the linemen to get their hands on him, using his very long arms to make separation. he definitely seems to be paying attention in class. i dont know that he'll develop into anything more, but i would certainly keep him around as a backup and special teamer - that's a guy you want on your team.

everyone else? well i hope watt and ninja have big years getting to the passer, because our linebackers outside of cushing are pretty bad.
I think some people are too negative on Mercilus. He didn`t get that much playing time last season, still got lots of sacks (for a rookie) and a couple of forced fumbles. Reed is more of a LB to stop the run and being relentless, but that`s ok for one side of the field. He can and he will get some sacks, just not double digit sacks.

Yeah, OLB is a question mark, but we need to give those young guys some time... With some more help from the inside they should take the next step.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote