View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013   #69
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans whistling past the graveyard at Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Kickoffs were fielded -6, out of the end zone on the fly, fielded at the 1, fielded -7, not fielded out of the end zone, low line drive knuckleball fielded on the fly at the 5.

Kickoffs were generally lower than you'd like, not giving special teams enough time to get down and cover. By contrast Blair Walsh has one of the bigger kickoff legs in the league and he put one through the uprights but had another fielded at the -3.

The 54 yard miss landed on the back chalk margin of the end zone and would have missed left or at best bounced left off the left upright.

Color me concerned..... and watching Kickalicious.
In another thread, I posted what I saw when I slowed the action and zoomed in. It appeared as though the ball actually hit the inside of the "K" in the EZ "Vikings" marking, making it ~ 1/2 the distance within the EZ (~5 yds into the 10 yd-deep EZ, then bouncing to the chalk line).........and outside the left goal post. He essentially missed the FG by at least 5 yds in distance and outside of the goal posts.

With his college stats and what I've seen thus far with him in college and with the Texans, I have strong concerns about his leg and especially distance.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote