View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013   #68
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans whistling past the graveyard at Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Kickoffs were fielded -6, out of the end zone on the fly, fielded at the 1, fielded -7, not fielded out of the end zone, low line drive knuckleball fielded on the fly at the 5.

Kickoffs were generally lower than you'd like, not giving special teams enough time to get down and cover. By contrast Blair Walsh has one of the bigger kickoff legs in the league and he put one through the uprights but had another fielded at the -3.

The 54 yard miss landed on the back chalk margin of the end zone and would have missed left or at best bounced left off the left upright.

Color me concerned..... and watching Kickalicious.
Me too,

Hopefully this doesn't turn into another Kris Brown situation. You know, the one where the K stinks and gets to keep his job due to favoritism.

We should be concerned by any rookie kicker. Particularly one that Coach Joe endorses, much less an inconsistent rookie K. Why competition wasn't brought in at the K position baffles me.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote