View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013   #571
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Well, let's look at this -

ILB -
51 Mays, Joe
49 Collins, Cameron
56 Cushing, Brian
61 Davis, Ja'Gared
52 Dobbins, Tim
51 Sharpton, Darryl

OLB -
50 Braman, Bryan
63 Jefferson, Willie
64 Johnson, Delano
59 Mercilus, Whitney
53 Mohamed, Mike
57 Montgomery, Sam
58 Reed, Brooks
47 Tuggle, Justin
54 Williams, Trevardo

That's 15 LB's in camp. I think we can say with 100% certainty (except one thing which I will now knock on wood for) that Cushing, Mercilus, and Reed make it. Fairly safe imo Sharpton, Mays, Dobbins and T Williams. That is 7. So, that only leaves two by your count. I think ST will play a role here too.

You have:

Jefferson
Braman
D Johnson
M Mohamed
S Montgomery
Tuggle
Collins
J Davis

That's some tough cutting there. I see very little chance for Mohamed and Davis given the talent and depth. D Johnson, Tuggle, and Collins have a long shot chance. I see more PS chance for them.

Now we are down to Jefferson, Braman, and Montgomery. I could see them carrying all of these guys IF Montgomery can get healthy and come around. Jefferson and Braman should be ST studs. I realize Braman is limited as a LB, but he has real value as a ST, and I think they keep him based on ST.
ILB-

Cushing
Mays
Sharpton
Dobbins

PS - Cameron Collins

OLB -
Reed
Mercilus
Braman
S.Montgomery
T.Williams

PS - Tuggle & Jefferson.

This is another of those positions I could see them hiding a player or two on IR. Some of these guy's have a lot of promise and would be tough to cut. Only issue is that players on IR count against the cap - post 53 man roster.

Neither Williams nor Montgomery have shown much , one of them could be IR fodder this season , basically a redshirt season to learn the position and NFL game. The closer we get to the regular season and they are still playing poorly , the greater the odds it plays out with one of them IR'd.

The guy's I have listed as PS at this point are still longshots to make the final 53 even with one of the drafted rookies IR'd.

Braman aint going anywhere , he's the best ST player on a piss poor ST squad. I couldn't imagine how pathetic they would have been last season without he and Alan Ball ....

BTW it was Jefferson's blown lane assignment that led to the big KO return. Not so sure I'd pencil him as a ST stud. As Kubiak stated , he has a long way to go.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote