View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013   #187
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum grabs early edge in Texans backup QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Kubiak is thinking Super Bowl. It would be irresponsible for Kubiak to allow Case to feel his way around the NFL when we've got a very good chance of winning it all with the team he assembled. Case hasn't played in a real game. It's different. He may very well be prepared for it, but unless Tj does something to make you believe he hurts your teams chances (makes dumb mistakes, doesn't fully grasp the play book, doesn't "trust" the system) you don't replace him with someone who has never played in an NFL game.

Then the play offs are different. Kubiak cannot go into the play offs again with a QB getting his first taste of the NFL play offs. If he has to, he has to, but he should not "decide" to.

Kubiak may very well have to, which is why he will try to get Keenum as prepared as possible, we'll probably see more of Keenum than we will of Yates through the rest of the preseason for that reason alone. If we're up by 20 with 5 minutes or so left in a real game, he'll probably throw Keenum in the game.

& Tj isn't being annointed, he won the job two years ago, he was a "team player" last year, & he hasn't done anything to lose the job.
It would be irresponsible for Kubiak to give the job to someone that you claim won the job two years ago. In this league, unless you're a proven starter, you should have to earn your spot every year. If he feels like Keenum is the better player and gives us the best chance to win then he should make the tough decision and go with him.

I'd also like to point out that TJ didn't exactly light things up when he played for us. He did a great job of managing the game, but there wasn't one point where I could say I was completely comfortable with him. Two years later I still can't say that. Your philosophy that guys shouldn't have to show they're better than the next guy behind them every year would get your fired in a heartbeat as a coach. I hope Texans coaches present and future never have that mentality.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote