Until I came across this source, I found very little interesting background information on Shapiro. The "kid" has lots of talent....and even more potential.
ABOUT ANDREW SHAPIRO:
Signed by Houston Texans as Undrafted Free Agent April 27, 2013! Special Teams Coach Joe Marciano.
* 2012 Fastest specialist in Fresno State History (4.53 (40), 3.96 (shuttle), 33.5 (vert).
* 2012 Honorable mention all conference.
* Named special teams player of the week by conference against Colorado (50YD AVG).
* Named All Conference preseason by Phil Steele 2012.
* Named National Honorable Mention Punter by College Football Performance Award’s 4 times (weeks 4, 9, 10, 11). Named to the All-conference academic team 3 years in a row.
* Punted 64 times for an average or 42 yards and a Net of 37 yards (2012). Long of 69 yards which tied for the second longest in the conference.
* Named Special teams Captain as a Sophomore in 2010 and Captain again in 2012.
* Graduated with B.A. in Communication in 2011.
* Finishing his M.A. in Communication Spring 2013.
* Has held for both Left and Right footed kickers.
* Punted 66 times in 2011 for 40 yards with a long of 54, had 25 punts fair caught and 21 downed inside the 20-yard line (ranked 19th nationally for punts inside the 20).
* Kicked off 17 times in 2011 for 65 yards [ave].
* As a Sophomore in 2010 punted 56 times for 38 yards, downed 20 punts inside the 20.
* Has kicked of 89 times with an average of 63 yards.
* Has 10 tackles and 1 fumble recovery.
ANDREW SHAPIRO - PUNTER- 2013 HOUSTON TEXANS
PRO EXPERIENCE: SIGNED AS UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT HOUSTON TEXANS APRIL 27, 2013.