View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013   #29
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 35494 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
As far as Favre is concerned - in general - he did what I expect from my football players to the best of his ability: ENTERTAIN ME. Were you folks not entertained?
Of course he was always entertaining. As I said before, if highlights (entertainment) are what you want Favre and Barry Sanders are your dream backfield.

It was entertaining when Jerry Glanville whipped out the "Stagger Lee" play in the playoffs. It was entertaining when the Texans Chris Brown threw the halfback interception instead of (boringly) pounding the ball into the endzone for a TD. Not always effective plays for winning, but definitely effective for entertainment. Those (Pencil Neck, Dexman, Fred) who root for a team to win the game did not enjoy those plays so much, but I am sure that those (Double Barrel, eriadoc, Texecutioner, Rey) who value entertainment over winning thought they were great plays.