View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Badboy's 2014 mock

Kubiak will continue to develop Keenum until he becomes the Houston Texans starter. If they do grab a QB in 1st it probably means bad news is ahead.

Honestly feel CB is the most likely position to be selected in next years draft. Texans simply have too many big contracts on the horizon to resign KJ.

Fales LT last season was Texan David Quessenberry so I'm sure Texans are very aware of him having studied game film extensively. I think Keenum who went undrafted, in his second year now with Texans if put into a competition would be equal to the challenge, thus do not see it as wise investment of first round selection. He cannot move like Case, arm strength equal, little bigger frame but still needs to improve core strength, in other words 2-3 year project just like Case.

Jackson is coming off injury, no thanks. I want a clean bill of health even if it means taking a player with lower ceiling. I cannot see him suddenly stay healthy once he gets in the NFL I want that pedigree. Do like position give me Chris Borland, Wisconsin in 5th rd. instead.

Sutten has showed me nothing, one of those intriguing athletic DL who disappear for long stretches. Developing prospect, like to see his dedication & work ethic improve his numbers should be much higher with Clowney funneling action his way on consistent basis. South Carolina has a ton of talent but very frustrating to watch them not reach potential. I would steer away from him this high in the draft.

Hart is a great fit for Texans. Very good mental approach, good reaction to reads, quick hands to disengage & excellent feet. Also very productive & consistent. Lacks NFL size but lets see if he gets bigger/stronger could be another Crick.

Would roll dice with Washington but see him mostly as special teams player. His speed will be critical for him to play safety after switching over from CB (added on a ton of weight) certainly a player to watch but doubt Texans draft another safety.

BL

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote