View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013   #3
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Badboy's 2014 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
You've got a list of good players there, but I've got issues with a couple picks.

1. Fales, I honestly don't know much about him since I haven't started paying much attention to college players yet, but I can't see spending a 1st round pick on a backup QB. I agree Schaub will be gone after the 2014 season but if I spend a 1st round pick on a QB, I want a starter.
2. Jackson, I like the player as an old fashioned run stopping 3-4 ILB or 4-3 MLB but I can't see him as a modern day 3-4 ILB with lots of pass coverage responsibilities. The NFL has become a passing league and ILB's need to handle pass coverage on TE's and RB's or assist on zone coverage with crossing routes. I think if we do draft an ILB it will be an OLB that we convert inside.

The rest of the players I don't know anything about yet but I do agree with an emphasis on defense. Dont' shoot the messenger, it's JMO. I sure hope Rick can re-structure Antonio's contract, but it's doubtful since rookies are alot cheaper. It'll be sad to see him go. I'd have DE as a higher priority, I'm still not convinced of Crick as a starter, 3rd round at the latest.
yeah i agree. Our starters are good but we have to maintain this level of defence for the future. ILB, OLB, CB, DT all have to be address mostly as back ups and future starters.
Offensively i only see late round TE and RB and possibly and early OG
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote