View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013   #2
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Badboy's 2014 mock

You've got a list of good players there, but I've got issues with a couple picks.

1. Fales, I honestly don't know much about him since I haven't started paying much attention to college players yet, but I can't see spending a 1st round pick on a backup QB. I agree Schaub will be gone after the 2014 season but if I spend a 1st round pick on a QB, I want a starter.
2. Jackson, I like the player as an old fashioned run stopping 3-4 ILB or 4-3 MLB but I can't see him as a modern day 3-4 ILB with lots of pass coverage responsibilities. The NFL has become a passing league and ILB's need to handle pass coverage on TE's and RB's or assist on zone coverage with crossing routes. I think if we do draft an ILB it will be an OLB that we convert inside.

The rest of the players I don't know anything about yet but I do agree with an emphasis on defense. Dont' shoot the messenger, it's JMO. I sure hope Rick can re-structure Antonio's contract, but it's doubtful since rookies are alot cheaper. It'll be sad to see him go. I'd have DE as a higher priority, I'm still not convinced of Crick as a starter, 3rd round at the latest.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote