View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raw Brutality, and Brett Favre’s Class... by Sage Rosenfels

I didn't like Brett much until a couple of years ago.

Looking back at his career, what he did was amazing.

I think winning that one SB early in his career was more of a curse for him than a blessing. It allowed him to continue doing what he was doing and basically half-assing most things without really having to take the next step in his development.

For me, Brett Favre was like Terry Bradshaw with more talent. He was gutsy and tough and never saw a throw he didn't like. If he could have learned just a little more self-control and discipline, he could have been tons better and instead of just winning 1 SB, he could have won several.

BUT.

Like I said. You look back at his career and he did some amazing things and he did them for a long time. You've got to be able to appreciate that.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote