View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013   #567
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training camp 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Well, let's look at this -

ILB -
51 Mays, Joe
49 Collins, Cameron
56 Cushing, Brian
61 Davis, Ja'Gared
52 Dobbins, Tim
51 Sharpton, Darryl

OLB -
50 Braman, Bryan
63 Jefferson, Willie
64 Johnson, Delano
59 Mercilus, Whitney
53 Mohamed, Mike
57 Montgomery, Sam
58 Reed, Brooks
47 Tuggle, Justin
54 Williams, Trevardo

That's 15 LB's in camp. I think we can say with 100% certainty (except one thing which I will now knock on wood for) that Cushing, Mercilus, and Reed make it. Fairly safe imo Sharpton, Mays, Dobbins and T Williams. That is 7. So, that only leaves two by your count. I think ST will play a role here too.

You have:

Jefferson
Braman
D Johnson
M Mohamed
S Montgomery
Tuggle
Collins
J Davis

That's some tough cutting there. I see very little chance for Mohamed and Davis given the talent and depth. D Johnson, Tuggle, and Collins have a long shot chance. I see more PS chance for them.

Now we are down to Jefferson, Braman, and Montgomery. I could see them carrying all of these guys IF Montgomery can get healthy and come around. Jefferson and Braman should be ST studs. I realize Braman is limited as a LB, but he has real value as a ST, and I think they keep him based on ST.
That's tough man, especially 'cause I think they might keep only eight.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote