View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013   #35
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 102779 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-season 8/9/2013, Game 1 vs Vikings: Top 5 things you are interested in seeing

i think it's all been covered, but the young guys that are expected (hoping) to make an impact.

wide receiver - hopkins and martin especially. looking for confidence and decisiveness. if these guys can play it changes our offense dramatically.
offensive line - looking at Q and brooks. i'm hoping Q shows enough flashes to feel he can replace smith next season. brooks i want to see a much firmer grasp of the playbook. i dont worry about him physically, but any time i watched brooks last year he appeared lost and trying to catch up to the play.
keenum - i think he has the head and the arm to be a really good player, but i'm hoping to see the calm and command and leadership required to be a starter.
outside linebackers - we sucked here last season, and now have 5 new players (including merci) trying to be the sack master for wade's pressure happy defense. one of these guys is going to be a very wealthy guy, but which one?
swearinger - all of the talk is this guy is a vet already, but we heard that last year with martin who very much was NOT ready. i want to see control and conviction. wrap up tackles, not missing assignments, finishing plays - the things that come with being a pro, not a missile.