View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013   #66
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the Texans' Rookie with the biggest impact in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Of course we'll never know until we know but my gut says you're off on your assumed numbers. Matt's certainly not having a problem getting him the ball in PS and developing the chemistry. The reason he quit throwing to Kmat & Jean last year was because THEY KEPT DROPPING THE BALL. Matt's talked about Hopkins' "large catch radius" on several occasions as well as saying he "just has to get it close" and Hopkins is gonna come down with the ball.

My bet's you're going to be pleasantly surprised.

As far as your:

I'm trying to figure out where in the hell you got that?

...and this:

(got that for ya)

What on earth gives you reason to question this? All that's been discussed about Nuk since Day One is his body control and how he goes up and just muscles the ball away from two of the best cover corners in the league.

I seriously question your thought process/reasoning here and can't disagree any more strongly.
It was just my impression after watching more than a dozen of his college games and reading a couple of dozen scouting reports on him.
He wasn't a concensus first rounder (and the ones that put him at the top of the second didn't hate on him; and neither was I.)
There wasn't any receiver in this draft that I was really comfortable putting in the first, mind you - just many borderline guys.

Like I said, we don't know whether JJo and Jackson truly played physical with Hopkins (and this can start at the LOS); we'll just have to wait until the real bullets fly.

If Hopkins had done all that (all the highly positive stuffs in TC) in his last year, he would have been highly regarded as AJ Green and Julio Jones, but he didn't.

Let's hope that he has been working real hard to improve his game.
If he can do those things somewhat consistently in real games, he will be a steal of a deal.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote