View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013   #62
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predict the Texans' Rookie with the biggest impact in 2013

It's kinda funny how some folks thought I was down on Hopkins only to see now that many also don't want
to set their expectation up too high.

My original expectation was at low 30s for Hopkins, IF the core starters and rotational players remain relatively healthy.

My number one concern with Hopkins is whether he can handle a hit after the catch. In practice, our guys didn't go head-hunting on the receivers so there's no way we can tell. The sooner Hopkins can learn to set up the DBs, how to use his body to protect the ball, how to position himself to absorb the hit, etc., the sooner he can be a more effective receiver.

If some guys miss time, Hopkins should see more targets.
If he can learn those tricks of the trade early, he will earn the confidence of Kubiak and get more looks from Schaub.
Hopefully, he doesn't get down on himself like KMart and lose some confidence, and that he doesn't lose his focus like Jacoby.

If he can continue to improve on his phisicality, I could see a revision upward to the high 30s, and gravy if he gets more.
I'm gonna go with Hopkins over Swag if he can demonstrate this in the pre-season.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote